Nothing To Hide Nothing To Hide

outstanding. Far more than I would have expected from a simple flash game. There are a small number of design choices which I felt were questionable, however.
Firstly, the difficulty curve felt a bit steep at level 5, when navigating through the carpeted area with an iEye rotating on the slidewalks. This could likely have been remedied by a slightly wider gap for the rotating iEye to see through, a tweak which I would strongly recommend.
Second, checkpointing felt a bit finicky, occasionally respawning me in slightly mismatched situations after messing up. I think that a rewind system would work better than checkpoint reloading, especially because it could be presented as the rewinding of a surveillance tape, fitting in nicely with the world design.
Last, the scanline-type effect used to indicate the lines of sight that iEyes was never explained in game, and it took me until the last level of the demo to notice them. I feel that these should certainly be explicitly mentioned given how important they are.
Flaws noted, this is potentially one of the most clever, polished, worthwhile game I have ever experienced on Newgrounds. The presentation of the entire game through social media, the stylization of the facebook-type newsfeeds, the genuinely hilarious dark humor, the mechanics and level design were all impeccable.
I am HIGHLY anticipating the final release of this game.

Dynetzzle Dynetzzle

wow. A really engaging brain teaser of a game. Not stunningly challenging, but a real joy to wrap your brain around.

Day X Day X

kind of neat. Very reminiscent of Don't Look back. Nice visual aesthetic, challenging gameplay, interesting story, it's a well done package for a jam game.

rottenmage responds:

Yeah "Don't Look back" inspired us a lot. It made us felt more confident in presenting in a minimalistic style. While developing, we had to keep reminding one another to stick to the theme. Thank for playing and enjoying our game.

Don't Move Don't Move

it's been done before. Many times.
Unless you can contribute something new to this big trend of "not games," then you don't really have much of value.

QbQbQb (full version) QbQbQb (full version)

beautiful aesthetically, lacking mechanically. The presentation is quite nice, but I feel like the gameplay is a bit less than complex or interesting.

Timespunkers Timespunkers

the action is passable, but it's tough to follow. The shooting mechanics don't feel great, but they are functional and challenging so I won't complain a ton. The art assets, however, were poorly put together. Both enemies and the player character blend into backgrounds way too easily, and it can be difficult to make out harmful objects in the midst of battle.
Overall, not awful, but still quite lacking.

Shooting in the Dark Shooting in the Dark

I didn't experience many bugs, but I feel like your message was a bit ... muddled. It feels less like you're defending violent video games and more like you're just taking some sort of stand against bullying, but even that doesn't come across very clearly.
Ultimatley, this feels more like a waste of enormous potential, which is a real shame.

Cult Classic Cult Classic

I'm sorry, but nostalgia is not a game mechanic. The music was okay and the pixel art was actually really great, but the gameplay is practically non-existent. The entire game is scanning a poster, clicking on bits of it with no feedback, and moving on. This isn't a quiz game where players have to name what the character is from, it's not a hidden object game where you have a specific list of things to look for under a time limit, and it doesn't break new grounds or define it's own genre.
Had this simply been submitted to the Newgrounds art portal as a "trip down memory lane," then everything would be fine. But this ... work of flash ... is by no means a game and doesn't, in my opinion, deserve to be here.

deathink responds:

Int he beginning it may seem very easy , but later in the game it get very tough,

One Bullet One Bullet

Exactly what the genre needed. My most significant gripe with the tower defense genre is that it fails to engage the player once a wave begins and all the player can do is watch towers shoot monsters traveling on a set path. One Bullet, however, really forces the player to stay on their toes with it's clever mechanics, and I appreciate that.

COLORUS COLORUS

clever, brilliant, and nicely tied into the minimalism theme. Overall very enjoyable.